Most Common Misspelled Words in the US Is Hilarious
Google compiled a list of words that are most commonly misspelled, based on searches that started with "how to spell". Some states have nothing to be embarrassed about. Like Connecticut and West Virginia. Their most commonly misspelled word? Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
Now, how about Texas. The most common misspelled word in the Lone Star State is "maintenance". And I have a feeling it's because most people forget the "e" in the middle. New Mexico? Apparently doesn't listen to a lot of Gwen Stefani because they don't know how to spell "banana".
Some other odd words that states don't know how to spell:
- Michigan, Washington, Alabama, and Maine all have trouble spelling "pneumonia"
- While New Hampshire has difficulties with "diarrhea"
- New Jersey can't spell "twelve"
- Ohio, New York, Minnesota, and California have trouble spelling "beautiful"
- And now the most embarrassing of all...
- The state of W-I-S-C-O-N-S-I-N can't spell, WISCONSIN!