Almost Half Your Life Will Be Spent… In Bed
They say you need anywhere from 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night in order to function at your best. So that means you have 13 to 17 hours a day doing things outside of your bed. Well..... not really.
You actually spend almost half your life in bed. Let me explain:
- On average we sleep about 7 hours a night. So we're on the lower spectrum of what's ideal.
- There are other things you do in bed:
- Watch TV
- Knock boots, do the horizontal mambo, play "heels to Jesus", AKA - have sex
- Read a book, magazine, etc
- So if you add all that up, it adds almost 4 hours, which would bring the total to 11. And you don't need a math degree to realize that 12 hours is half a day, and 11 is almost 12.
- Now, the average life expectancy of an American is 78 years. Time for some more math. We're talking about about 36 years of life spent, in bed. So get a good mattress.