5 Ways to Destress After a Long Week
Has it been a long, stressful week? Been putting in long hours trying to finish that project that's due? Difficulty balancing your professional and personal lives? Did someone eat your sandwich you were storing in the cafeteria fridge?
Well, no matter how stressful your week has been, here are five tricks that can help you unwind.
- Unplug from electronics - It can be very tempting to check your social media or even just play a quick game of Candy Crush, but turning off your devices can help you relax. And by all means, DON'T check work emails.
- Get some exercise - This doesn't have to be anything too hardcore, and your goal doesn't have to be to lose wait. Just being active will release the endorphins that can help boost your mood.
- Take up a hobby or work on a project - Notice that doesn't say "work project". Make this something you enjoy doing. Like reading a book, playing video games, etc.
- Meditate - There are many health benefits to meditating. If you've never done it, or need some guidance, you can head to YouTube and find lots and lots of videos that can help.
- Listen to music - Most people think it has to be some sort of relaxing music. Almost something you'd listen to while meditating. But it doesn't have to be. As long as it's music you like, it can help.