Yes or BS — Celebrity Food Endorsements
Celebrities have endorsed some pretty crazy products. Remember the Friends episode when Joey does a commercial for Ichiban, lipstick for men? Well, here some possible true celebrity endorsements.
- Jean-Claude Van Damme had his own energy drink called "Double Impact"
- BS - He was in a movie called Double Impact where he plays twins, but there wasn't an energy drink.
- Steven Segal had his own energy drink.
- Yes - It came out in 2005 and was called "Lightning Bolt". And yes, it had a picture of him on it.
- Mr. T had his own cereal.
- Yes - Quaker made the cereal to tie in to his cartoon back in 1984. It was basically Cap'n Crunch, but all the pieces were shaped like the letter T.
- Hulk Hogan opened a pasta restaurant called Pastamania.
- Yes - It was in the Mall of America in Minnesota. Opened in the 80's, it lasted less than a year.
- Jessica Simpson had a line of edible cosmetics.
- Yes - It was called "Dessert by Jessica Simpson" and came out in 2004. The idea was your significant other could lick it off, but it didn't go very well.
BONUS - Smokey Robinson had his own line of TV dinners. Yes - "Smokey's Robinson's Down Home Pot Roast" came out in 2006. Yup, that didn't come out until 2006.