Nerd Alert! Disney Unveils Star Wars and Marvel Plans
Disney CEO Bob Iger just made some pretty big announcements during an earnings call that have us nerds excited.
- The Mandalorian - Will return coming up this October and it will run beyond season 2. There is also talk of possible spin off series with other characters from the show.
- As of Monday, Disney+ has reached 28.6 million subscribers.
- The Falcon & the Winter Soldier is set to debut coming up August.
- WandaVision will debut at the end of the year in December. Curious about WandaVision? Here is the synopsis of the show:
WandaVision, described as taking inspiration from 1950s sitcoms, finds Scarlet Witch and Vision living their ideal suburban lives, but they begin to suspect not everything is as it seems.
- Iger also said, "There are seven other Marvel series in various stages of development or preproduction." The known series that are being developed are She-Hulk, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, and an animated series based on the comics What If?
- The Obi-Wan series and a series about Diego Luna's Cassian Andor are still in the works.
- Disney is still working on both television and features, but Iger said that the focus will be on Disney+ for the next few years.
In case you missed it, here is the teaser we got for the Marvel projects during the Super Bowl.