Google Translate Gives End of the World Prophecy
End of the world prophecies are nothing new. Just go to Wikipedia and take a look at the long list of times the end of the world has been predicted.
Well, we now have a new one apparently. Someone, with a lot of time of their hand, or who possibly works for Google and set this thing up, found out that if you do the following in Google Translate, you get a prophecy for the end of the world.
- Go to Google Translate
- Set the language of origin to "Maori" (the language of the people of New Zealand)
- Have the return language set to English
- Type the word "dog" 18 times into Google Translate. If you don't want to have to count it, just copy and paste this:
- dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog
- Get ready for the end of the world as Google Translate will spit out the following:
- "Doomsday Clock is three minutes at twelve. We are experiencing characters and a dramatic developments in the world, which indicate that we are increasingly approaching the end times and Jesus' return."
The people at Google claims this is just a simple glitch and NOT an actual prophecy for the end of the world. A representative says:
"Google Translate learns from examples of translations on the web . . . this is simply a function of inputting nonsense into the system, to which nonsense is generated."
Seems like some pretty precise nonsense if you ask me.