(UPDATE) Concho Valley Closures and Delays
Due to less than stellar weather, the following schools will be closed in some capacity tomorrow, January 11.
- Coke Public School is closed tomorrow
- Grape Creek Baptist School is closed tomorrow.
- Grape Creek Independant School District will be remote learning only.
- Junction Independent School District: No students on campus, staff will arrive at noon, no early release on Wednesday.
- Olfen Independent School District will be closed tomorrow, will reopen Tuesday.
- Paint Rock ISD: Due to inclement weather, Paint Rock Independent School District is canceling school for Monday, Jan. 11. Sports events are canceled as well. School board meeting is scheduled to take place as planned.
- Veribest Independent School District will be closed tomorrow.
- Water Valley Independent School District will be closed tomorrow.
From the San Angelo Independent School District:
Due to anticipated icy road conditions on bridges and overpasses and forecasted temperatures of 26 to 30 degrees in the early morning according to TXDot and the National Weather Service, San Angelo ISD will be operating on a 2-hour delayed schedule tomorrow, January 11, 2021 for the safety of our students and staff. Buses will run two hours later from their normal pick up time.
- Elementary school students should report to their normal classroom.
- Middle school students should report to their first period classroom as they will operate on a compressed schedule. This means students will go to all classes but for a shorter period of time. Virtual Academy students in middle school who participate in on-campus extracurricular activities will receive additional details directly from their school.
- High school students should report to their 3rd period classroom as they will begin with that class period. Virtual Academy students in high school who participate in on-campus extracurricular activities will only need to report to campus for the activities if they occur at 3rd period or after on a regular school day. Any activities regularly scheduled during 1st and 2nd period will be cancelled for the day.
It was also announced that the City of San Angelo offices will delay opening tomorrow due to potential icy conditions on roadways, overpasses and bridges. City offices will open at 10 a.m. Jan. 11. Trash service will also be delayed until 10 a.m.
As of right now, these are the only school closures we can find, but we will keep this updated as more information becomes available.
Of course, if you have a closure or delay to report do not hesitate to message us on Facebook, or through our station app.