Yes or BS — Ghostbusters Edition
The new Ghostbusters hits theaters this Friday. Regardless of what the reviews say, or what you think of the trailer, the original two are classics. How well do you know Ghostbusters?
- Dan Aykroyd's first draft of the movie was set in the 1700's.
- BS - He wanted is to be set in the future, but it would have cost too much to make.
- Bill Murray's Caddyshack character, Carl Spackler, was in the first movie, but his scene got cut.
- Yes - He and Aykroyd played homeless guys who bumped into Rick Moranis while he was running from the dog-monster through the park. They never say his name, but Bill's character talked exactly the same. You can see the clip below.
- Chevy Chase wasn't in the movie, but he was in the Ghostbusters music video.
- Yes - He almost played Peter Venkman before Bill Murray got the part. Then he was in the music video with a whole list of celebrities including John Candy, George Wendt, Al Franken, Danny DeVito and Carly Simon. The video is below as well.
- Slimer didn't have a name until the second movie.
- Yes - They referred to him on set as "The Onionhead Ghost", because he was supposed to smell really bad. The fans nicknamed him Slimer and it stuck.
- Harold Ramis, who played Dr. Egon Spengler, and wrote the movie, had no intention of being in the movie.
- Yes - He originally just wanted to write it but decided he was the person best suited for the role of Egon.