‘The Force Awakens’ Cameos You May Not Have Noticed
****SPOILERS BELOW! IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE, TURN BACK NOW****
Yup, there are cameos in the movie, and there are a few.
- Did you see Thomas Brodie-Sangster (AKA Jojen Reed from Game of Thrones) in The Force Awakens? He was the one who announced there was "an unscheduled departure when Finn and Poe escape.
- Another GoT alum was seen as a Resistance pilot. Jessica Hennwick (AKA Nymeria Sand).
- We mentioned this on the show before the movie came out, but Bill Hader actually voiced BB-8. He tried to do lines with a human voice, but it sounded too weird, so they used him basically making noises for the lovable new droid.
- Yes, there was a 007 Stormtrooper. Daniel Craig was the Stormtrooper that Rey convinces to undo the restraints and leave the door open.
- Warwick Davis, famous for playing Willow, Filius Flitwick, and the Ewok Wicket, makes a cameo in Maz Kanata's tavern. He has a short pink snout and puckered eyes.
- And now the COOLEST cameos of all, BOTH Obi Wan Kenobi and Yoda make an appearance in The Force Awakens. Well, at least their voices do. And it's both old and young Ben Kenobi. If you have somehow read this far and not seen the movie, well, here's the biggest spoiler of all. The scene where Rey ends up finding Luke's old light saber you get to hear all three voices.
- Young Obi Wan - Ewan McGregor came in and recorded "These are your first steps"
- Old Ben - Alec Guinness passed away back in 2000 so getting him to voice a new line was impossible, sort of. They took a clip of him saying "Afraid" and edited it to say "Rey."
- Yoda - Frank Oz, the voice of Yoda, actually voiced new lines for this movie, but instead they used previously existing lines for Yoda.