Republicans Embarrassed, Democrats Split About This Campaign
I feel I need to preface this almost anytime I write about anything political. I am not a Republican, and I am not a Democrat. I am an Independent. That's how I'm registered. I vote for any parties in elections I feel bests fits the position I'm voting on.
The sad part, is I don't think I've ever had a candidate from either of the two major parties that I've voted for in the Presidential race. I came close to voting for McCain in 2008, but there was no chance I could vote for a ticket with Sarah Palin on it. Seriously, that is how awful she is. I was finally going to vote for a Republican, but just the fact she would have become Vice President kept me from voting for McCain.
This past presidential campaign has been interesting because we do spend a lot of time on the show bashing Trump. Which also means Trump supporters take that as us being pro-Hillary. I'm not, I can't stand Hillary. When the election comes around, if it's between those two, I will probably vote third party (like Libertarian) or just abstain from voting.
Here are some numbers from a recent study about this this recent presidential race.
- 4 in 10 Republican voters disapprove of how Donald Trump has handled the violence at some of his rallies (so 6 in 10 are okay with it)
- Three quarters of Republican primary voters expect Trump to be the parties nominee
- Democrats are almost evenly divided between Sanders and Clinton (Clinton holding the slight edge)
- 40% of Democrats say Clinton is not honest of trustworthy
- Clinton is seen unfavorably by 52% of all voters
- 6 in 10 Republicans feel the overall tone of their party's nomination fight has been more negative than past campaigns
- 1 in 10 Democrats feel the overall tone of their party's nomination fight has been more negative than past campaigns
- 60% of Republican primary voters are embarrassed about their party
- 13% of Democratic primary voters are embarrassed about their party
As for Independents
- 70% have a negative view of the Republican Party
- 55% have a negative view of the Democratic Party
If I had a vote in this poll. I'd be right there with a vote for negative view of BOTH parties.