Olympic Update — February 22, 2018
It was a pretty good day at the Olympics thanks to the women yesterday. Here is your Winter Olympic update:
- The US women's hockey team finally took gold, beating Canada in a shootout. The last time the US women won was 1998. Canada has taken gold in 2002 2006, 2010, and 2014.
- Kikkan Randall and Jessie Diggins became the first US women to win medals in cross country skiing, EVER. And it was GOLD! They won the team sprint event by two-tenths of a second.
- We got a couple of medals in men's freestyle skiing. David Wise took gold and Alex Ferreira took silver.
- Ivett Toth of Hungary hit the ice yesterday and performed to AC/DC's Back in Black and Thunderstruck.
- Nick Goepper won silver in the men's slopestyle event despite missing out on sleep because the fire alarm went off the night before.
- A North Korean speed skater was DQ'd and he tried to grab another competitor's skate as he fell down. Here, you be the judge.
- After he fell, they restarted the race. And then he tried to take EVERYONE out.
- And every four years, CURLING takes center stage. Well, not really, but I still find the sport fascinating. And I can tell you,THIS IS NOT a good shot.
- Ivanka Trump will lead the US delegation during the closing ceremonies, and she will be joined by Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
- Miley Cyrus made a random appearance at the games and was hanging out with Shaun White. She even got to wear his medal.