Good Hobbies for the Time Rich and Money Poor
Ever find yourself bored, and for some reason everything you can possibly think to do costs money? Well, here is your solution. Here is a list of things you can do for little to no money.
- Chess. Costs very little to play, and you can devote all the time in the world to it and realize that you still suck. - thecacti
- Gardening, even if you're in an apartment, you can get a decent herb garden going for the cost of seeds, potting soil, and a few dollar tree pots. - Talktothecat
- Honestly, when I remember to actually set time aside and read a good book, I really enjoy it... obviously not everyone is super into reading, and idk if you'd consider it a hobby, but it always feels like a better use of my time than watching TV or surfing reddit. - peanutbuttersucks
- Drawing. When you really get into a groove, hours can go by in a blink. - NegativeBarracuda
Fixing/rebuilding computers to sell for spare cash.
Go to a local electronics recycler and you can always find pallets of computers businesses have gotten rid of. Most of them still work, they are just contractually obligated to refresh PCs every 3 - 5 years.
My friends and I just went to one last night and bought 12 Lenovo all in ones with broken screens, no RAM, no hard drives. Bought all 12 for $150 and they have freaking i5-6500 in them! Those go for $110 a piece on eBay and the motherboards sell for $200+
Turn $150 and a couple hours of teardown time into $3,700 - tehcheez
- There was one post on reddit that was just too much to put here, so go ahead and CLICK THIS LINK for all kinds of things you can do with your free time.