Early Voting For Runoff Election Begins Monday
Early voting begins Monday, June 3, and continues through June 11 in the runoff election for mayor and for the Single Member District 1 and 5 seats on the San Angelo City Council.
Early ballots can be cast from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 3-7 or from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. June 10-11 at any one of five locations:
- Edd B. Keyes Building, 113 W. Beauregard Ave., second floor.
- River Place Apartments, 501 S. Irene St.
- Victory Christian Center, 1620 Sunset Drive.
- Assembly of God Church, 1442 Edmund Blvd.
- Plaza del Sol Apartments, 4359 Oak Grove Blvd.
Early voting and election day polling location information is also available on the City’s website at www.cosatx.us/elections. Election day is Saturday, June 15.
Candidates on the ballot in the order in which they will appear are:
- Mayor – Kendall Hirschfeld and Dwain Morrison.
- SMD 1 – Rodney Fleming and Trinidad Aguirre Jr.
- SMD 5 – David McBride and H.R. “Winkie” Wardlaw III.
All registered voters in the city are eligible to cast ballots, regardless of whether they voted in the May 11 election. All registered voters can cast ballots in the mayor’s race; voters in SMDs 1 and 5 will also be able to vote in those respective races.
The terms are two years for mayor and one-year unexpired terms for SMDs 1 and 5.
Ballot by mail applications are being accepted by the Tom Green County Elections Office. Ballots will not automatically be mailed to voters who requested and received ballots in the May election unless voters checked the square indicating they wanted to receive a ballot for a runoff. If voters are unsure if they requested a ballot using this method, they should call the election office at (325) 659-6541.
Votes from the runoff election will be canvassed June 25.