Denmark’s 10 Cultural Rules That Make Them the Happiest People on Earth
Denmark is one of the happiest places on Earth and apparently there's a reason for it. They have something called the "Jante Law", which is pronounced YUN-thu. It's basically a set of rules to live by that will make life happier for you. And if you want just a simple synopsis of it, it's this. If you expect life to be average, you'll be pleasantly surprised with life. Here are the 10 rules.
- Don't think you are anything special.
- Don't think you're as good as other people are.
- Don't think you're smarter than other people are.
- Don't convince yourself you're better than other people.
- Don't think you know more than other people do.
- Don't think you're more important than you are.
- Don't think you're good at anything.
- Don't laugh at other people.
- Don't think anyone cares about you.
- Don't think you can teach anyone anything.
Isn't it weird that the whole list is a bunch of "DON'Ts"? Although some of it does make sense, and I know a lot of people that can take some of this advice. We're currently riddled with people in the United States who think they're something special, smarter and better than others.
You want some advice? Here's some advice on life.
- Realize you can't do anything you put your mind to. As humans we do have limitations. Know them, but push those limits.
- Work ethic beats talent alone, 9 times out of 10. Wanna win in life? Put in the work.
- Do what you can for others, but expect nothing in return. It defeats the purpose of doing something nice if you only do so because you want something in return.
- And finally, don't take advice from a stupid blog.