ASU “Leadercast” May 9th
Angelo State University is inviting community business and organization leaders to access the knowledge and experience of world-renowned leaders during Leadercast Angelo State on Friday, May 9, at the LeGrand Alumni and Visitors Center, 1620 University Ave.
The Leadercast event will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. as it is broadcast live from Atlanta, Ga., to hundreds of sites around the world, including ASU. This year’s theme, “Beyond You,” challenges leaders to focus outward rather than inward. The speaker lineup includes:
- Andy Stanley – Leadership author and communicator
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu – Nobel laureate and human rights activist
- Malcolm Gladwell – Journalist and best-selling author of The Tipping Point and Outliers
- Randall Wallace – Screenwriter, director, producer and songwriter (Braveheart, Secretariat)
- Bill McDermott – CEO of SAP
- Laura Schroff – Former ad sales executive and best-selling author of An Invisible Thread
- Dr. Henry Cloud – Clinical psychologist and leadership consultant
- Simon Sinek – Leadership expert and best-selling author of Start with Why
- Laura Bush – Former First Lady of the U.S. (2001-09)
More than 100,000 people around the world are expected to attend this year’s 15th Leadercast. Attendees at ASU will also receive a Leadercast journal filled with additional details, places to take notes, and practical application tools to utilize after the conference. They can also participate directly in the conference though Facebook and Twitter.
“Leadercast brings a host of inspiration and wisdom from international leaders right into our home cities,” said Becky Brackin, ASU community relations director. “We have read books by these authors and experts, but may never have had an opportunity to see them in action. I think we can all come away from this day rejuvenated and with a new perspective.”
Registration is now open for Leadercast Angelo State at $109 per person for the general public; $89 per person for groups of three or more; $89 each for active members of the ASU Alumni Association; and $60 each for ASU faculty, staff and students. To register, call 325-942-2116 or go online to www.angelo.edu/leadercast. Registration deadline is March 31st.
For more information on the worldwide Leadercast, visit www.leadercast.com.