5 Things That Happen To You When You Don’t Have Sex
June is Celibacy Awareness Month. Yes, celibacy can be a good thing, but there are also a lot of bad that came come from being celibate. Here are five things, four bad and one good, that happen to your body when you don't have sex.
- You feel more anxious - Something that's pretty obvious is that sex helps you blow off steam. Researchers have found that people who don't have sex regularly have a difficult time dealing with stressful situations, like public speaking.
- Prostate cancer is more likely - There was a study that was presented to the American Urological Association that found that men who had frequent sex had a 20% drop in their risk of prostate cancer.
- You have a higher likelihood of erectile dysfunction - This might seem a little backwards. Like if you don't have sex regularly, you'd almost being a walking hard on. But apparently not. Men who have sex infrequently are twice as likely to experience erectile dysfunction.
- You're more likely to get sick - This one also seems a little backwards because if you're bumping uglies with someone, you'd be more likely to catch something from them. But having sex also gives you a boost in immunoglobulin A, which is one of the bodies first defenses against viruses.
- And now the good one. Your risk of a UTI drops - This one is for females, but nearly 80% of urinary tract infections occur 24 hours after intercourse.